Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kitchen.... Check!!

Yes, at long last I can say that we have finally completed the kitchen. Mr. Hughes took the pictures this morning with his fancy schmancy camera. So here it is, our kitchen before:


And here is our after:





Yes, it has been a long journey, but I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I realize there was nothing fundamentally wrong with our kitchen before, it just didn't feel like me. I have an aunt who is dying that I painted those maple cabinets. This whole project started when Mr. Hughes bartered a web design for a granite company. For some reason, I couldn't choose the less expensive stone that matched what we had... I chose (unknowingly) the most expensive. So, then we HAD to change the cabinets. And, while we were at it, we NEEDED to add the backsplash. And, we couldn't leave the hideous bubble light (exempt from the before shot.) So, we added the backsplash after we had the granite installed. And then added the schoolhouse light fixtures in the kitchen and  breakfast nook. Then, a YEAR later ( because I was pregnant) I painted the cabinets. I couldn't decide if I wanted to do them all cream or do the lowers a different color. Then, I couldn't decide whether the lowers should be black or grey. I settled on grey just to brighten up that area. I tried to take inspiration from all the things that I love:


Ironstone, of course! The top paint color is even called China White.

And vintage black and white advertising ware, especially my collection of Dundee Marmalade jars.

We also spiffed up the breakfast nook with drapes and a rug.

This is also where my absolute favorite piece of ironstone lives. Mr. Hughes got me this cake pedestal for a gift, no special occasion required.
And, here is my newest acquisition:

I found these corbels last weekend at an antique mall. They were priced great, but I still managed to leave without them. I couldn't think exactly where I would put them. After we left, I couldn't stop thinking about how I had just walked away on such a good deal on something I really loved. So, the very next day, I rushed on my lunch hour to go get them. I am just lucky that they were still there. So, there it is. Our kitchen. I hope you enjoyed the tour. And I am off to make Mr. Hughes a key lime pie for putting up with all my nagging this week.


I am linking up to Jennifer's Impromptu Linky Party!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar