Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Knitting

I am sharing with Ginny and  friends for this weeks knitting and reading and Tami for this weeks work in progress.

I have several projects on the needles at the moment all of them Christmas presents, I hope I can get them all made in time!  I have started this cowl.


The wool is a double knit from Colinette Yarns the shade is Fruit Coulis.  It is knitting up really quickly I hope it will be finished soon!  I also have a sock, two scarves and a dress on the needles too.

Reading wise I now have a big pile of books waiting to be read. I have had a birthday recently and they were all presents.  I am still reading the book about the Crusades.


One of the books, Call the Midwife is one that I have been meaning to read for a while.  I know that whilst I am reading it it will, for me, invoke memories.  The author was my piano teacher as a teenager, for me she will forever be a tall elegant lady who loved to sing and who introduced me to some wonderful music.  I coveted her beautiful hands with long fingers she could play a tenth, an octave plus two for those in the know, with ease whilst I struggled, and still do, to play an octave.  Not only did she teach me to play the piano she also used to take groups of her pupils on the train to London to music concerts.  There is something special about hearing live music and she introduced me, and all her pupils, to a very diverse range of music I will always be greatful to her for that.

What are you knitting and reading this week?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar