
Well, 852 hourglass blocks have been completed! I am so glad that I pressed and trimmed them as I made them. I can't imagine facing that task at this point. However, I did the math again last night making sure I have enough made before I start assembly. Well, I figured that 33 units wide by 29 units long should give me a king size quilt that measures 111X99 after I add a six-inch border around it. I can deduct 81 units as the center medallion will fill that area. So, 33X29= 957 -81= 876. So I am 24 short, so this am I spent some time getting them cut! There was a time that this would have frustrated me. But at this point in my journey, I find as much joy in making another 24 units as I would moving to the next step on this quilt. I guess I can say I am very content in my quilt making journey, even with all the bumps in the road!

As I have said before, I started to blog to document my quiltmaking journey. When I first started blogging it seemed there were so many things to learn. Then, I got to the point I felt less tied to patterns and confident that I would produce a quilt that made me happy! But to this day, I am still learning from each quilt. While making these hourglass blocks I realized it is much better to
not press the two halves of the blocks before stitching them together. I will admit I struggle with piecing. I think it's because I was always in a hurry to get to the point that I could quilt the quilt. But as the years went on, I learned that good piecing makes for easier quilting. There are so many variables that we contend with as we learn a skill. Each quilt has brought me closer to making the of quilts I always wanted to make. In this fast-paced world, it's a wonderful place to be!
0 Yorumlar